Friday, July 15, 2011

Collecting Nature

Coffee table
I love to collect little bits of nature and display them around our home.
They are a constant source of inspiration for my artwork.
Glass box of treasures.
Last week I found the most perfect glass box to display some of my beloved treasues.
Margie rocks
My growing collection of Margie rocks
living together with a few that I've covered with her very easy to follow instructions
Seedpod Canoes
Seedpod canoes (as I call them) filled with little bits of wonder
that I gather on walks and some that have traveled from all over the world
as gifts from my most generous friends.
The gorgeous background of this photo is a painting on wood panel called "Black Cactus" that I bought from my very talented friend Tiel in Australia.

22 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Margie Oomen said...

i can't believe sonia lands here in about three hours and then you in six days!!!!!

7/15/2011 9:46 AM  
Blogger May ツ said...

Hola me encanta tu blog, adoro todo lo que haces y me voy a animar a hacer mis propios sellos con goma de borrar, claro siguiendo tu tutorial esta grandioso....
muchas felicidades por ser tan talentosa.
Saludos.

7/15/2011 9:54 AM  
Blogger Sarah Melling said...

Just found your blog, and am enjoying it immensely. (And your banner art is gorgeous!!)

7/15/2011 10:25 AM  
Blogger se7en said...

Oh beautiful!!! My kids have been collecting feathers all year and it is now a fine collection... I love your giant seedpods they are wonderful!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

7/15/2011 11:10 AM  
Anonymous KC said...

This is awesome Geninne. Truly inspiring. Thanks for putting the crochet cover tutorial for the stones. Till you do the painitng tutorial for the stone I will try my hand at this. Seed pods are amazing too.

7/15/2011 11:16 AM  
Blogger eli said...

Esas seedpod canoes parecen ser los contenedores ideales para todos esos tesoritos! Yo los guardo en frascos pero no se aprecian tanto! Muy bonitos!!

7/15/2011 11:18 AM  
Blogger tinajo said...

Beautiful collections - they could live in my home any time! :-)

7/15/2011 11:25 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Hansen said...

i LOVE collecting little bits of treasures from nature!! your collection is awesome!!

7/15/2011 11:49 AM  
Blogger Lianne said...

I love seeing collections. They're always so inspiring! Im showing mine in a few days in conjunction with another blog (excuse the grotesque pimpage there, that's really not my style) and wondered if you're taking part too or if this is purely a coincidental pleasure? I apologise if not, these would be perfect for it. So stimulating!

7/15/2011 1:01 PM  
Anonymous passifleur said...

Thank you very much for putting tutorial of Margie'stones et bravo for your "cabinet de curiositées" in canoe!!

7/15/2011 2:55 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

I love your collections. My husband often teases me that we live in a naturalist's lab. I can't imagine going for a walk and not picking up a treasure or two. Enjoy your weekend.

7/15/2011 4:06 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I can see how these beautiful things would be inspiring. The glass box is perfect!

7/15/2011 5:55 PM  
Blogger Jenni C's said...

i like the glass boxes...and canoes..hope you find some lovely treasures the weekend too...

7/15/2011 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Kim Reedich said...

I have an exact kind of glass box that will soon be housing a small, intact (empty/hollow) crab body found on the beach Florida.

7/15/2011 9:21 PM  
Blogger sunny smiles said...

Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial for the crochet covered stones, I have wanted for so long to learn how to make them!
Collecting bits of nature is one of our favorite things to do also, such beauty is all around when you just open your eyes to see it!

7/15/2011 11:13 PM  
Blogger He said...

Hello Geninne, I found this ancient Chinese painting of birds on someone eles's blog and it instantly reminded me of your paintings. I want to share it with you hope you'll like it.
http://barb.cathayan.org/item/1004

7/16/2011 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Mama Luba said...

I brought some nature bits form Turkey with us, and now I know what to do with them - thank you for the idea! your home looks so inviting and peaceful. May it be blessed

7/16/2011 1:06 PM  
Blogger RosaMaría said...

wow! qué magnífica colección de plumas!

7/18/2011 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Cherry said...

Nice stuff! Keep up the work on posts like this....enjoyed it.

7/20/2011 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Dianne said...

I am soooo eternally jealous of your feather collection, beautiful!

x Dianne
ICEFLOE

7/22/2011 5:39 AM  
Anonymous Plano Photographer said...

I am completely amazed by your collection, & the way you are preserving them is recommendable. The rock covers are so pretty. Everything is so beautiful...

7/26/2011 3:33 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hi,
I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join http://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
All the best,
Diane
info@coollectors.com

8/23/2012 2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home