Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm Moving!

Jan 2011 inspiration board
I'm moving!
New Space
As you all know I'm hosting an ACE Camp's workshop early next month at my studio. Sixteen lovely women are flying down to Mexico to play with me at La Casa Azul!
The space I share with my boys right now is not big enough to host a workshop
so I'll be trading spaces with my Manolo. His studio space downstairs is still empty so I'm going to set up shop there this week until after the retreat...unless I convince Manolo to make the swap permanent. He's not budging, but I'm working on it ;)

23 Lovely Comments:

Blogger laruelapalooza said...

Oh my gosh you scared me! I thought for a minute that you were actually moving again. Whew!
So now I can't wait to see what your new set up will look like and to see tons of pictures from your workshop that I just couldn't go to.
~Laura

1/24/2011 12:03 PM  
Blogger Genevieve Gail said...

Oh how I wish I was coming to your workshop! It looks like it's going to be so much fun, hope it's a huge success for you!

1/24/2011 12:06 PM  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

You scared me too! I thought oh no, not again, they just moved to the beautiful blue house.

Good luck on the permanent switch mission!

1/24/2011 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Laurel said...

I'm so jealous of those 16 women! I can't wait to see pictures of everything you do together :)

1/24/2011 12:09 PM  
Blogger catja said...

I love your display of handmade things :-) and I´m so grateful for the Internet! Mexico is so far away from the Czech republic (Europe) but I can be virtually there!
Have a nice day, catja

1/24/2011 12:58 PM  
Blogger Mlle Paradis said...

what a lovely inspiration board! (to us!)

if either of you ever get sick of that studio, get in touch! i might be able to fit all my stuff in there!

(i can dream, right?)

1/24/2011 1:31 PM  
Blogger Fawne said...

What a beautiful space! I cant wait to see photos from the retreat!

1/24/2011 1:58 PM  
Blogger Jill Wignall said...

oh goody, that means more pretty studio photos doesn't it? x

1/24/2011 3:14 PM  
Blogger L said...

love your inspiration board! all the best with moving & the retreat! :)

1/24/2011 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Milrayas y puntos said...

jajaj yo también me asusté y dije "Oh otra vez se cambiará de casa "... pero segui leyendo y entendi que sólo son cambios internos. Menos mal.
Mucha suerte en el workshop.

1/24/2011 5:57 PM  
Anonymous lauradodson said...

oh. i'm thinking some serious convincing on your part needs to take place. this space is lovely!

1/24/2011 7:45 PM  
Blogger Jenni C's said...

an empty canvas....yes i can hardly wait to see what you are going to create...

1/24/2011 9:44 PM  
Blogger WSAKE said...

WOW! this room looks amazing! and i love your little button wreath!

1/25/2011 1:30 AM  
Anonymous Sherman Unkefer said...

A nice new space. Good luck, I can't wait to see pictures of everything you do with those 16 women.

1/25/2011 3:52 AM  
Blogger Liv said...

One can never have enough space isn´t that so...dreaming about an atelier and not having to clean my workspace every day...

1/25/2011 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geninne. Mucha suerte en tu workshop. Espero poderte acompañar en el siguiente! Disfrutalo muchísimo. Saludos, Clau

1/25/2011 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Rupa said...

Ah, I will definitely seriously think of coming to Mexico just for your workshop. I don't have friends that enjoy art as much as I do, otherwise I would be one of the lucky 16 by now. I think I am visiting Mexico in April for a week though, can't wait :)

1/25/2011 10:53 AM  
OpenID sara f. said...

wow, so much light :)

1/25/2011 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Margie said...

Good luck with that Geninne! LOL Margie

1/25/2011 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Teje said...

Hello Gennine! I wish I could join your workshop! That room looks very inviting and I hope you can keep it and make your studio!
I love your works always - fantastic moon - adorable dragonfly etc.
Thank you for inspiration!
Sunny wishes from Crete! Teje

1/26/2011 2:24 AM  
Blogger Me said...

OMGosh, I thought you were moving to another home! I would love that space too. What lucky girls! enjoy, can't wait to see what you all do!

1/26/2011 9:41 AM  
Anonymous denice@inkstitch said...

Your home and spaces look sooo gorgeous! Oh how I wish I were one of those lucky women. I hope you all have a lovely time!

1/27/2011 9:29 AM  
Blogger awooddds said...

Hey Geninne,

I'm thinking of you this week preparing for your workshop.....it is so much work, at lot of planning, and organizing your space. But then the attendees arrive and it is all more than worth it. I generally find I learn as much from the "students" as they get from the "teacher". Good luck.

Can't wait to hear your stories.

Nettie

1/31/2011 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home