Monday, November 08, 2010

Prickly little things

Prickly doodles
Digitally colored ink doodles of my cactus collection.
Cactus collection
Nopales
Good food
You MUST make this sweet potato biscuit recipe from Stephanie, it's delicious!
I made grilled asparagus dressed with lime, extra virgin olive oil,
fresh ground pepper and sea salt...they're the best finger food ever.

I've got some news! A lot of people write to me asking if I ever sell my originals.
I have been hoarding all of them but decided to open up a Big Cartel shop called Geninne's Originals
where you'll be able to purchase some of them this coming Friday.
I hope you'll stop by to have a peek.

20 Lovely Comments:

Blogger cb said...

LOVE your doodles!! oh sooo cute!

xo,
cb

11/08/2010 10:36 AM  
Blogger Its All About Creating said...

Very pretty prickly things. Congrats on opening your new shop. Love the recipes and photos. Thank you. -Marlene

11/08/2010 10:47 AM  
Blogger Its All About Creating said...

The link for the recipe is not working. I can't wait to make it so I am hoping the link can be fixed.

11/08/2010 10:50 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh no - I really really want to make those delicious looking biscuits but the link doesn't work! Help! P.S. Can't wait to see your 'originals' shop!

11/08/2010 10:53 AM  
Blogger Geninne said...

I think the link is fixed now :)

Thanks!

11/08/2010 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Maaike said...

Ooooooh, the originals! I am sure to come and take a peek! I respect you for being able to sell them... I can never part of the things I make...

BTW, did you know that your free pattern was featured in a Dutch magazine this month? If you want, I could send you a copy or a scan...

11/08/2010 11:17 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yay! Thanks for fixing the link... I know what I'm making do go with my butternut squash soup for dinner tonight... :)

11/08/2010 11:37 AM  
Blogger Iveth Morales said...

Beautiful images! como siempre!

11/08/2010 12:05 PM  
Blogger Cher Ami said...

The biscuits sound like a perfect autumn treat. Gonna try to make it!

11/08/2010 12:21 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Looking forward to see what originals you are ready to part with! I will stop by on Friday. I like the header you chose for the new shop :)
And those biscuits sound delicious! Definately saving that to bake this week. I have two huge sweet potatoes sitting at home right now. Yum!

11/08/2010 12:33 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Nice...looking forward to that. Will you be unveiling the green bird and koi fish watercolor soon? In either original and/or print?

11/08/2010 12:52 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I'm already saving my money, Geninne. :)

11/08/2010 2:58 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Cantrell said...

i love the succulents! just beautiful.

11/08/2010 3:39 PM  
Blogger Gerrie said...

Stephanie is my daughter and I invite her for dinner just so she will make me those biscuits!!

11/08/2010 4:19 PM  
Blogger Jo Anne Neely Gomez said...

Fun and another way to enjoy them in a bit different way than just looking, right?

11/08/2010 7:58 PM  
Blogger Lillabilly said...

In Australia, we call those "scones"...yours look delicious! And also, ORIGINALS!!! *swoon*

11/08/2010 10:28 PM  
Blogger liv said...

What an inspiring place I just found, the things you do are beautiful. Wish I could come over to Mexico....all those colours!

11/09/2010 3:23 AM  
Blogger KarenHarveyCox said...

That looks delicious. I linked to your post today, because my topic was BIRDS of course. You are truly my favorite art blog. Have a lovely day. Karen

P.S. too cute, the word verification is dishing

11/09/2010 7:04 AM  
Blogger kokobeesweet said...

sweeeet potato biscuits?! there have been so many biscuits in my recent meal-making.... but none of them have been of the sweet potato kind. i was just wondering what to do with all the sweet potatoes we got in our csa share. now i know. :)
also.. i love the different personalities of your cacti. :)

11/16/2010 7:02 PM  
Blogger Earth Girl Knits (Emily) said...

and i was just thinking today... what am i going to make with these sweet potatoes that have been hanging out in my kitchen? i have a pretty good idea now. :)

11/17/2010 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home