Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kitchen & Dining

Kitchen
The niche at the end will have a custom wood cabinet. The wood is called Tzalam.
In the mean time I put one of our wire shelves so I could put the microwave there.
Dining
I still can't believe we're living in here already.
It's only 5 1/2 months ago that Manolo started building our home.
He made the light a priority throughout the house.
The sun filters in through the living room windows in the morning
and through the kitchen windows in the afternoon.
He designed all of the woodwork & furniture as well (including the bar stools).

84 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous Kristin said...

What a beautiful space! The wood is gorgeous.

8/17/2010 9:27 AM  
Blogger june at noon said...

It's really gorgeous. What talent he has, and I love how his building compliments your design aesthetic so well. You're a perfect pair!

8/17/2010 9:29 AM  
Anonymous cornel said...

You are so lucky! Well done Manolo!

8/17/2010 9:31 AM  
Anonymous geri said...

love the design of this home.who is manolo and where is he located?
love what you have done!

8/17/2010 9:32 AM  
Blogger halifaxus said...

I am really under impressive. Both - your art/ gift and your new home. The best wishes from Norway !!!

8/17/2010 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two very talented people, you and your hubby! Your houses are breathtaking! It´s so important to feel our home as a sanctuary, a place to restore us both in body and in mind. Architecture and decoration must be about that. And you always accomplish that to the highest degree. Your home makes my heart sing!

8/17/2010 9:39 AM  
Blogger Jovita said...

It's gorgeous and looks so spacious! Congratulations!

8/17/2010 9:42 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

It's just beautiful. And, I'm amazed it only took 5-/12 months to build! It's also so impressive that you're already moved in!

8/17/2010 9:42 AM  
Blogger Antonia Ruiz said...

Felicitaciones por tu nuevo espacio, es hermoso. Y el taller?

8/17/2010 9:46 AM  
Blogger **EYE-SNACKS** said...

Oh, this is incredible and indeed amazing that you are living in it!
I thought it would be a year if you build your own house.

It's so bright on the picture.
You're lucky!

8/17/2010 9:57 AM  
Blogger bialopes said...

u have the perfect kitchen. congrats! =]

8/17/2010 9:59 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Lovely. Could you please share what the flooring is? Thank you!

8/17/2010 10:00 AM  
Blogger jojo said...

Just FABULOUS!

8/17/2010 10:05 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Beautiful kitchen, beautiful cabinets!

8/17/2010 10:11 AM  
Anonymous jessica said...

I love how clean and simple it is-- something I aspire to. Is it possible with homeschooling 5 little ones?

8/17/2010 10:12 AM  
Blogger Poorvi said...

Oh! It's so beautiful! Love the wood against all the simplicity. Love the way you've arranged the plants. They are continuing the green inside.

8/17/2010 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Camila F. said...

I love your kitchen, it's beautiful! Great dining table also! ♥

8/17/2010 10:19 AM  
Blogger Candied Fabrics said...

I love everything about this house! Your husband is amazing!

8/17/2010 10:20 AM  
Blogger blue china studio said...

So beautiful and warm looking. The natural light is spectacular. Is it like that all day?

8/17/2010 10:26 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

Love all that natural light!! My kitchen is so dark, I feel like a vampire at times. Beautiful cabinets-- did Manolo make those too?

8/17/2010 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Liz said...

If I were to describe my dream home, it would look exactly like yours. It's amazing, your husband's done a great job!

8/17/2010 11:30 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Your husband is AWESOME. Does he have any brothers?

It's one of my dreams to build our own house...

8/17/2010 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I would like to see more of your kitchen. It's so beautiful!!

8/17/2010 11:45 AM  
Blogger Elena said...

Stunning!

8/17/2010 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Rose said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Wouldn't I love to have a kitchen like that! The light streaming in from everywhere is so beautiful. I love lots of natural light! Can you tell us what kind of floor that is? I can't tell if it's stone or tile, but it looks like it would probably feel nice and cool underfoot. Your husband is so very talented!

8/17/2010 12:39 PM  
Blogger Alessandra said...

Un bellissimo spazio luminoso!!! Complimenti!!!

8/17/2010 12:42 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

Geninne, It is beautiful! Wow! It is an amazing space with lovely furniture. You are a lucky woman!

8/17/2010 1:08 PM  
Blogger Dyche Designs said...

Wow, what an amazing space and I love all that wood too, simply stunning.

8/17/2010 1:31 PM  
Blogger Helmi said...

Wow, it is a beautiful place. Enjoy!!
grt, Helmi

8/17/2010 1:35 PM  
Blogger Hanna said...

so beautiful! The wood is amazing.

8/17/2010 1:43 PM  
Blogger Sleepandhersisters said...

Oh My!!! it is gorgeous! I love the lightness of the space... just beautiful, clever Manolo.

8/17/2010 1:55 PM  
Blogger Little Gray Pixel said...

What a beautiful home! I'm so envious of your kitchen. I bet it's so much fun to spend time in there. :-)

8/17/2010 2:11 PM  
Blogger Jenny at Red House said...

Hi it all looks really lovely to me with lots of space for creating!jenny

8/17/2010 2:17 PM  
Blogger Heather T. said...

What an extraordinary house! Manolo is so very very talented.

8/17/2010 2:34 PM  
Blogger puscher said...

que bonito!!! well done manolo!!! and those stools... I need some just like those!! can you take some closer pics of them??

victor, (our australian shepard says he loves your house)

de tanto leer tu blog siento que ya te conozco... que raro!! mucha suerte y buena energia en tu nueva casa!

Paola

8/17/2010 3:05 PM  
Blogger Gifts of Serendipity said...

Congratulations Gennine,
You have created a very special place to live.
x Felicity

8/17/2010 3:17 PM  
Blogger Barbara and Nancy said...

What a beautiful house. Is your husband an architect? I'd like to hear more about him. How nice to have a marriage of two such talented people. You must have some interesting conversations.

8/17/2010 3:21 PM  
Blogger Patricia G said...

What a great space! I hope you have lots of happy times with friends and family there.

8/17/2010 4:05 PM  
Blogger Luisa said...

It is beautiful! Everywhere I look it's breathtaking.

8/17/2010 5:35 PM  
Blogger Triskele said...

I am sooo jealous!

8/17/2010 5:40 PM  
Blogger kt_kthx said...

I love your new home! I am super jealous of all the natural light you have! I am lucky to get a few hours in my bedroom in the middle of the day.

8/17/2010 6:10 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

so, so, gorgeous!

8/17/2010 6:22 PM  
Blogger Geneviève Beaulieu said...

Your home is realy beautiful!
I wish you happy times in this place :)

8/17/2010 7:43 PM  
Blogger 32˙North said...

I'm totally captivated by your home, Geninne. Hello cement wall of my dreams!

8/17/2010 8:07 PM  
Blogger Colleen Mulrooney said...

oh wow! it looks like an incredibly inspiring space :) love the light and the colour of the wood. Shew, it's beautiful. Hope we get to see more pics :)

8/17/2010 10:02 PM  
Blogger fabrik-BILDschön said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/17/2010 11:28 PM  
Blogger Linda Persson said...

BEAUTIFUL and VERY INSPIRING!

8/17/2010 11:29 PM  
Blogger fabrik-BILDschön said...

what a beautiful space Geninne! Congratulations!

to Manolo: as an architect to an architect...i'm impressed!

greetings from germany
mnh

8/17/2010 11:36 PM  
Blogger margarida said...

pero qué casa más preciosa os ha quedado! me das muuuucha envídia!!!

8/18/2010 12:13 AM  
Blogger Multiductus said...

The light is marvellous and the furniture is simply perfect!

8/18/2010 1:51 AM  
Blogger elpimpi said...

WOW!!! Absolutely amazing!!! my dream is to have a kitchen like that! This looks GREAT!!! The lights are so beautiful. I LOVE IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

8/18/2010 2:39 AM  
Blogger simply blue said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the light. A home that embraces the environment it was designed for. Manolo is very talented...well...you make a great team!

8/18/2010 3:34 AM  
Blogger Maggi Co said...

Por ahora es preciosa. Me chiflan los muebles... He de reconocer que la madera es mi perdición... Y estos, desde el otro lado del charco, se ven bien bonitos. Así que mis felicitaciones al "hacedor".

¡Disfrutad de vuestra casa!

8/18/2010 4:21 AM  
Blogger Caterina Pérez said...

bravo por manolo!!...5'5 meses! parece imposible! enhorabuena, tenéis un espacio maravilloso, espero que seáis muymuymuy felices en él :)

8/18/2010 4:33 AM  
Anonymous The Muse of The Day said...

Tell Manolo that in my next life I am coming back as him. Carolina

8/18/2010 6:01 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I want your kitchen. Switch?

8/18/2010 6:52 AM  
Blogger lachina said...

tu casa es hermosa y tu blog es super inspirador! estoy viendo todas las entradas desde el principio me carga de muchas pilas para hacer cosas. Todo lo haces tan lindo! te felicito!

8/18/2010 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Cynthia Schelzig.....Cynnie said...

wow, that house went up fast..it took us over 1 and 1/2 years until our house was ready to move in...talk about stress:) This looks marvelous!
I just transferred updates from your blog over to my following on my own blog...thus,,,will be deleting my name from your email update list.
Have a creative day.

8/18/2010 7:38 AM  
Blogger Lisa Flowers Ross said...

It's so beautiful. What a talented husband you have.

8/18/2010 8:33 AM  
Anonymous elizabyeta said...

I really like your kitchen. It is lovely! It is someplace that just looks like it would be a good space to create/cook in.

8/18/2010 9:05 AM  
Blogger leah said...

I come from a super creative family myself and its so inspiring to see when everyone has had a part in creating something special. Everyone has their unique skills to make it all come together.... looks amazing!

8/18/2010 9:12 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

It's absolutely beautiful! How talented your Manolo is :-) You guys are very fortunate

8/18/2010 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

What a beautiful home! Congratulations! Just think of the wonderful future you will have in such a beautiful place!

8/18/2010 10:21 AM  
Blogger Giorgia said...

Wonderful, your husband is an artist! Family's characteristic? :-)
Love from Italy!

8/18/2010 10:23 AM  
Blogger dls said...

What a lovely home - I am so happy for you and your family living in with so much sun light - it makes for a happy home.

Thank you for sharing and good luck with your studio!

8/18/2010 2:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa Graves said...

As a foodie and an artist- these pictures take my breath away.

8/18/2010 4:16 PM  
Blogger emgower said...

WOW!!!! Inspiring.

8/18/2010 5:41 PM  
Blogger Carol & Eddy said...

We're house hunting right now and when I see your home, I wish I could find something like that, too :-) Your husband is amazing!

8/18/2010 8:13 PM  
Blogger shopgirl said...

Love your home Geninne and thank you for sharing it with all your readers! Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see what your studio looks like!

p.s. sounds like you have a wonderful husband!

8/19/2010 1:23 AM  
Blogger shopgirl said...

Love your home Geninne and thank you for sharing it with all your readers! Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see what your studio looks like!

p.s. sounds like you have a wonderful husband!

8/19/2010 1:23 AM  
Blogger Living Inspired said...

Just when I thought Manolo couldn't come up with a better design than the previous homes! WOW...I love everything about your new diggs! Enjoy it!

8/19/2010 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Kathryn said...

Is Manolo for hire in CA?! There just aren't architects who make such beautiful soulful work here. Seriously, his homes have SOUL. That is a rarity indeed.

The floors look a bit like slate tile?

8/19/2010 8:38 AM  
Blogger jo so and sew said...

I'm just about to renovate my kitchen. Your place is inspiring! Are they ceramic tiles on the floor?

8/21/2010 2:53 AM  
Blogger francisca rosas said...

que presiosa casa... se siente olorcito a comidas hechas con amor... cada detalle tiene su poesía!
gracias por compartirla con nosotros!
te mando una abrazo y los mejores deseos desde uruguay, que sigas llena de inpiración!

8/21/2010 5:26 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

oh my god !! this is an AMAZING house you live in !!!
the colour of that wood is so deep and warm, beautiful !

8/23/2010 11:44 AM  
Anonymous dining room tables said...

I think I need to renovate my kitchen and dining area. I am so inspired in that photo that you post. I wish I can copy that design and arrangement of dining area. It is so beautiful.

8/25/2010 12:19 AM  
Blogger Georgia said...

WOW! I mean, REALLY, WOW!!! This is such a gorgeous space. I love the light, love the wood, love the furniture. You should pop over to http://www.desiretoinspire.net/ and showcase his work. This is SO beautiful.

8/25/2010 5:25 AM  
Blogger Georgia said...

I have to ask...what is that gorgeous material on the floor?

8/25/2010 5:26 AM  
Blogger Geninne said...

Thank you SO much everybody :) Manolo is humbled by all the nice comments about his work. The floor is porcelain tile.

8/25/2010 4:04 PM  
Blogger gaby@stilelemente said...

I'm enjoying seeing the unveiling of your new home bit by bit, thanks for sharing :) I love architecture when it's done right and your husband certainly has done it right - well done both of you for creating a beautiful, comfortable and inviting home. I have home envy now...

8/26/2010 6:36 PM  
Blogger Sandra B said...

I spent a month in Queretaro this summer teaching art at an orphanage. I'm hoping to return and find work teaching English. What a lovely place to live and, I'm guessing, your artwork must reflect your environment.
I enjoyed the art work on your blog, it is beautiful, inspiring, and calming. Best. Sandra (now in Santa Monica, CA)

9/09/2010 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

The most beautiful house I have ever seen. Congratulations to you both. It is gorgeous!!!

9/25/2010 3:10 AM  
Blogger Bren said...

It's extraordinary, Manolo should win an award for this beautiful place and his furniture and woodworking designs and finishes, awesome.
What a home, and I know you bring your own magic to putting it altogether and keeping it that way!

10/25/2010 1:04 PM  
Blogger Aron said...

This kitchen looks very country and yet it still has a moder touch. And the kitchen tile floors looks awesome and it compliments the dark wood cabinets. Surely that the owner of this kitchen loves cooking here everyday for it looks wonderful. As for my kitchen, it looks simple but I see to it that it's always clean by regularly cleaning it and my floors which I bought into some stores that has tile(s) (Indianapolis) are always kept clean as well.

1/12/2011 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home