Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Jacaranda Tree

Jacaranda Tree
My favorite tree is in full bloom right now and I can't stop smiling.
Our new town of Queretaro is full of them!
I love that this particular tree grew under one of the arches
and wraps around the top the old aqueduct (built in the 1730s).
Amanda's embroidery
Look! My little birdie embroidered by Amanda. Isn't it pretty?
I think she did a great job. This is just one of many photos that I've received
from everyone that downloaded my birdie pattern and gave it a try.
Thank you so much for sharing them with me :)

42 Lovely Comments:

Anonymous rachel said...

my three favorite trees are also now in bloom! (i posted them on my blog today). i know the feeling!

4/06/2010 7:56 AM  
Blogger Hey ❤ Zee said...

Oh Jacaranda! You make me miss the street where I grew up. We had a beautiful jacaranda flowering every year just like that!

4/06/2010 7:58 AM  
Blogger kt_kthx said...

Wow! You live in a beautiful part of the world. <3

4/06/2010 8:07 AM  
Blogger Ethne said...

I love Jacaranda trees and so miss seeing them since we left South Africa 30 odd years ago

4/06/2010 8:17 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

That tree is beautiful! I love the towel embroidery too!

4/06/2010 8:18 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Vives en el Pais del Color, Geninne ♥

Marianne esta esperando sus vacaciones para bordar tu pajarito. Si lo hace te mando una foto.

4/06/2010 8:19 AM  
Blogger Snappy Di said...

Oh, Amanda... nice work and thanks for sharing your handiwork.

I love jacarandas too!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

4/06/2010 8:23 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

How beautiful. We have one growing behind the house where I grew up and all over downtown. Though ours didn't bloom this early, they always remind me of home. OH, and I love the stripes with the embroidery on that tea towel!

4/06/2010 8:25 AM  
Blogger Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

Wow! That tree is SO very pretty! I love seeing images from around your home - your photographic eye makes it look like a wonderful place to be.

4/06/2010 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Liane at Prairie Garden said...

That tree is magnificent, especially amazing in this location.

And Amanda, well done!

4/06/2010 8:45 AM  
Blogger RosaMaría said...

me encantan también las Jacarandas y en Guadalajara tenemos la fortuna de ver muchas! también tienen allá los árboles "primavera"... en otro color, pero también fantásticos! un saludo!

4/06/2010 9:06 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Such a beautiful, in a beautiful setting.

Love the little towels!!

4/06/2010 9:28 AM  
Blogger chum said...

stunning jacaranda photo. i love those clash-y colours together.

4/06/2010 10:29 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Boulevares_qro.JPG

I googled the "Jacaranda tree" and this photo popped up as a link..... your "new" town must be beautiful this time of the year! Right now the redbuds and flowering crab apple trees are blooming in our "new" town here in Oklahoma. Love the photo of the tree growing under the aqueduct.

4/06/2010 10:51 AM  
Blogger NanaBeast said...

Your photo of the Jacaranda is simply gorgeous. I really appreciate how large your blog photos are. My eyesight is not what it used to be and the larger pictures make it so much more enjoyable. Thank you.

Amanda's tea towel is perfect!

4/06/2010 11:57 AM  
Blogger jwags02 said...

wow! Is that view a watercolor painting waiting to happen or what?

Jill Stefani Wagner
http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

4/06/2010 1:02 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Those trees are very popular in my state (Brisbane) Australia. Students here dread them because the time when they bloom indicates that exam times have begun and then need to study:) They really are beautiful though.

4/06/2010 2:16 PM  
Blogger elizabethrosasjewelry said...

Jacaranda's are rare in San Francisco but I have great memories of them from when I lived in San Miguel de Allende. One of the best things about them is that they bloom more than once... :)

4/06/2010 3:33 PM  
Blogger carolanne said...

Absolutely stunning. I just wrote a post about the flowering trees in my yard:-)The tea towel is very nice also.

4/06/2010 3:58 PM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

my secretary did a wonderful job on your sweet little bird:)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22933521@N05/4471727072/

4/06/2010 4:41 PM  
Blogger pamwares said...

I have a jacaranda in my front yard and I love it when it is blooming...so whimsical and screams spring is here! The towel is fabulous as well!

4/06/2010 5:27 PM  
Blogger ale balanzario said...

Esos árboles son también mis favoritos, son tan bellos cuando florecen.
El bordado es sensacional.

4/06/2010 5:42 PM  
Blogger 32˙North said...

The tree is fabulous and the way it's growing makes it even more spectacular. When I was a little girl my grandfather made a swing in a huge jacaranda that we enjoyed for years and years.

You are so sweet to blog my tea towel -- thank you! I have another one going right now with the bird again. I just love him! I have needle and thread ready if you decide to post another pattern in the future :)

~ Amanda

4/06/2010 8:22 PM  
Blogger Golden West said...

What a treat to see how creatively Amanda used your bird graphic! I love embroidery - it can make everyday items special!

Your jacaranda photograph is really striking with the lacey tree and bold arches and the orange and purple combo - terrific!

4/06/2010 8:25 PM  
Anonymous cornel said...

I know what you mean! I live just outside Pretoria (Gauteng, South Africa). It's called the Jacaranda City for a reason! C

4/06/2010 11:53 PM  
Blogger Jardino said...

Ah, a jacaranda in bloom! It looks so beautiful under the arch of that old bridge...

4/07/2010 12:07 AM  
Blogger Monica Fe said...

Di alberi come questi ne ho visti molti in Portogallo, ma qui, dove abito io, di Jacaranda splendide come questa, neppure l'ombra! Buona giornata Geninne. Monica (Ferrara-Italy)

4/07/2010 12:30 AM  
Blogger Aurinko said...

It is amazing!
I visit your page every day since three months, i found it by random because i was looking for birds.
I live in Austria, and my husband has some relatives: in Queretaro.
Now i saw, that YOU live there.
The world is so small. :-)

4/07/2010 12:50 AM  
Blogger Mina said...

Hi! I live in Brazil and Jacarandá tree reminds me the one that I used to play under and I can almost feel the perfume of the tree after a rainy day! It´s a gorgeous tree that you have there! And I loved the pic with the little sign on the left!!

4/07/2010 1:18 AM  
Blogger Sarah Knight said...

wow, that is a gorgeous tree!

I never knew that was the name of a tree; I grow irises & some of my favorites are called Jacaranda. I now see what they're named after, it's very apt.

: )

4/07/2010 1:56 AM  
Blogger shopgirl said...

What an absolutely gorgeous tree! The colours are amazing!

Rambles with Reese

4/07/2010 2:12 AM  
Blogger Jacky said...

What a beautiful town you live in. The Jacaranda tree is one of my favourites too...we have a lot of them in Australia and I look forward to when they bloom each year.
Love the embroidery of your design by Amanda!

Jacky.

4/07/2010 2:17 AM  
Blogger Sarj said...

That is a stunning photo of the Jacaranda tree! Beautiful colours :-)

Whenever I see them I get an Australian Christmas song stuck in my head... When the bloom of the Jacaranda tree is here, Christmas time is near!

4/07/2010 4:20 AM  
Anonymous Alex Louisa said...

I can look out my art room window to my neighbour's Jacaranda tree. It's one of my favourite things about this spot since I love them too :)

Though of course here in Brisbane, we don't have the lovely buildings for them to entwine through like you do - gorgeous pic!

4/07/2010 2:27 PM  
Blogger Heidi Leon Monges said...

modestia aparte (yo soy mexicana), Jackie, tiene razon. Vives en el pais del color.

I'm from Cuernavaca and we literally have hundreds of jacarandas all around.

Unfortunately, it wasn't until I left my country that I realized how beautiful it was. And how gorgeous jacarandas trees are!. :-(

p.s. you're living in Queretaro!. Gosh, I love that place.

4/07/2010 11:11 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

I LOVE jacarandas too! They always remind me of Sydney which comes alive with splotches of purple all over the city and suburbs in spring. Jacarandas and frangipanis- that's how I always remember Sydney.

4/08/2010 3:55 AM  
Blogger Gustavo Aimar said...

Qué bueno quedó...

4/08/2010 7:15 AM  
Anonymous SOLO said...

What a nice bird !! It would be great to see all the embroidered birds !! I will try it on a bag. Thank you very much for this pattern. Please please make more !! If you decide to sell a embroidery patterns book, I buy it for sure !! Love from Paris,

4/13/2010 5:22 AM  
Blogger Jamie Watson said...

Amanda did a great job! And thank you for sharing bits of your town with us. I just love seeing these photos.

4/14/2010 4:44 PM  
Blogger Camisetas Swan said...

I love jacarandas so much!!!

5/21/2010 3:07 PM  
Blogger Judy Paul said...

I love your work! I have a question a little off topic - where can I get a blank Tea Towel like this one? I screen print on them and have been searching for years to find one like this but with no luck.
Thank you and keep up your beautiful work!

7/08/2010 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize this is an older post but I live in San Francisco and wondered if Jacaranda trees can grow here so I did a google search which led me to your site. I was so surprised and immediately recognized "los arcos"! I lived in Queretaro for almost 2 years back in 97-98 while studying abroad. Qro will always old a very special place in mt heart! You are so lucky to live there!

12/03/2010 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home