Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The little town of Bernal

Peña de Bernal
Manolo, the boys & I went on a little exploratory trip to the little town of Bernal.
Yellow Wall
It's only a 40 minute drive from our place and a paradise to photograph.
Cactus Shop & Restaurant
This was the restaurant where we had some "gorditas rellenas" for lunch.
Plants
I'm glad the lady that sold the cactus wasn't there because I would have gone nuts!
The Peña de Bernal from town
The HUGE and gorgeous Peña de Bernal can be seen from all over town.
Small Plaza
One of the secondary squares. I loved that building with red & blue tile.
Cathedral at the main square
The bright Cathedral of the main square.
On another note: I was extremely happy when Stephanie Levi invited me to make a Christmas-themed guest post for her Artist Advent Calendar.
Oh! And Turbo asked me to please tell you he wishes you a very merry Christmas & New Year!

42 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Heather T. said...

Wow, fantastic photo ops indeed--what a lovely little town!

12/23/2009 5:09 PM  
Blogger se7en said...

These photographs are awesome... I love the colors. And the cactus shop is just perfect. Love it!!!

12/23/2009 5:14 PM  
Blogger ale said...

GENINNE,MUY FELIZ NOCHEBUENA PARA VOS ,TU FAMILIA Y TURBO PORSUPUESTO!!!!! qué lugar divino!!!!!qué colores!!! qué cactus y suculentas!!! QUÉ FIESTA !!!!!! MUY MUY FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!! Y MUCHOS BESOS!!!!!!

12/23/2009 5:41 PM  
Blogger Vicki Holdwick said...

Wow, Gennine, what a colorful place to visit.

Santa Fe, New Mexico is set up something like that with similar town square and architecture. It is not nearly as colorful, though.

I envy you the photo ops.

Feliz Navidad!

xoxo

12/23/2009 6:02 PM  
Blogger beth said...

I love the pictures. What a beautiful colorful town!

12/23/2009 6:36 PM  
Anonymous melissa said...

wowzers! what amazing colors! what a beautiful town! thank you so much for sharing.

12/23/2009 6:39 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Yes, a good thing (?) that the cactus lady was not in!!! Great photos for the festive season indeed. Hope you & your sister get to meet up in 2010.
HoHoHo and Tail Wags to All.
~Moose

12/23/2009 6:39 PM  
Blogger m. heart said...

This is a lovely, lovely, vibrant place! Would love to see it someday!

12/23/2009 6:40 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

so rich in colour. How gorgeous. Merry Christmas and thankyou for such a lovely blog, one of my favourites! Mx

12/23/2009 7:37 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12/23/2009 10:11 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

(lo volvi a escribir porque el otro parece que lo escribi con la mano izquierda)

1. Ese pueblo no parece de verdad, Geninne. Parece la escenografia de una pelicula. Es hermoso. Con razon tu trabajo tiene tanto color y tanta calidez! La intensidad de Mexico te entra por los ojos!


2. Me encanto ver tus arboles de Navidad y decidi que no es posible que yo ponga el mismo exacto arbol cada año. No es posible.

Feliz Navidad, no puedo creer lo bien instalada que estas ya, eres super eficiente. Yo tengo cajas de cuando llegue a Montreal, hace 4 años y medio :S Que la pasen lindo y San Nicolas te traiga lo que esperas. Muchos besos ♥

12/23/2009 10:14 PM  
Blogger Françoise said...

Beautiful pictures. This town is so colorful and different from what I'm used to.

12/23/2009 10:32 PM  
Blogger Zlatica said...

That´s so beautiful place! I love the colors. Very inspirational.
Have a beautiful Christmas, Geninne.

12/24/2009 12:44 AM  
Anonymous christel said...

This is just gorgeous ! How can it be so beautiful ! Thyanks for these lovely photos and feliz navidad !

12/24/2009 1:46 AM  
Blogger Tabuena arts central said...

Merry Christmas everyone!

12/24/2009 4:36 AM  
Blogger Georgina said...

que buenas fotos!! ese lugar es bellisimo... y esos cactus!!! me los llevaria todos :)
Te mando un beso grande, que tengas una muy feliz Navidad en tu nuevo lugar!!!

12/24/2009 5:44 AM  
Blogger k. borcz said...

I can't believe the COLORS! Its like living in a paintbox. I LOVE it! Its so white and snowy and grey up here. THanks for sharing these cheerful photos.

12/24/2009 9:53 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Beautiful photos - what wonderful colours everywhere.

Merry Christmas!

12/24/2009 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Zee said...

So colorful and interesting! Very nice photographs, I've enjoyed a bunch!

12/24/2009 10:18 AM  
Blogger LisaT said...

Thank you for posting these photographs, Bernal looks like a beautiful town. These are particularly awesome to view as I am in an area covered with snow and ice.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays

12/24/2009 10:57 AM  
Blogger Alisa said...

So colorful and beautiful! I can see where you may get some inspiration! Lovely!

12/24/2009 12:30 PM  
Blogger ariadne said...

What a lovely tour of this little village with such history and the great monolith!
I loved your Advent calendar blog in Ms Levy's blog and will be following her as well.
I was wondering how come you haven't seen your sister for so long!?Where does she live?I wish you to see her in 2010!Ariadne from Greece!

12/24/2009 12:43 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Merry Christmas, Geninne! Your blog and your artwork are a great inspiration to me, and I am thankful for you. Many blessings to you and yours this holiday season!

12/24/2009 12:50 PM  
Blogger Snap said...

What wonderful photos! Thanks for taking us with you to Bernal. Feliz Navidad!

12/24/2009 3:37 PM  
Blogger mc said...

Feliz Navidad!

12/24/2009 5:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer DeDonato said...

I love that yellow wall!

12/24/2009 8:20 PM  
Blogger kimmie said...

Merry Christmas! Such beauty!!

12/25/2009 6:30 AM  
Blogger **WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

Oh, it looks SO warm and inviting!
May you have a wonderful Christmas day and looking forward to visiting your World again in 2010.
HUGS and wishes,
Char

12/25/2009 7:31 AM  
Blogger Abrhil's Travel Blog said...

isn't Bernal adorable!! did you guys hike up the Pena? sending you lots of love!

12/25/2009 10:42 AM  
Blogger consuelomendez said...

Thank you Geninne for your heart warming work. All the way out from Venezuela I just discovered your colors and fresh images. Started my own blog about six weeks ago and have been busy growing with it. My compromise began with one image a day. I began drawing digitally, now I am opening to other techniques/images and allowing my photographs. thank you for sharing your birds.....

12/25/2009 7:22 PM  
Blogger Dagmar said...

Merry Christmas to you as well!
The photos are wonderful, what kind of camera do you use?
0x
Dagmar

12/26/2009 7:41 AM  
Blogger Snappy Di said...

It's just a lovely town! Reminds me of a few quaint places in Arizona that had those same colored buildings... be still my heart.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

12/26/2009 4:15 PM  
Blogger Paula Cravens said...

I love this little town and want to go there. I think there should be bylaws imposed on people in North America to NOT allow them to paint their houses white, grey or brown.Blech!!

12/27/2009 11:58 AM  
Blogger Jessica Nichols said...

Thank you for taking me on a beautiful, free, little vacation away from my cold living room.

12/28/2009 10:47 PM  
Blogger Graça Paz said...

Ir ao Mexico sempre foi um sonho meu e agora mais do que nunca depois de ver estas fotos!Que loucura!
E agoraoutro assunto..34 COMENTARIOS...BOLAS!:-)))FANTASTICO

beijossssss

12/29/2009 2:31 AM  
Blogger Margie Oomen said...

i love that town

12/29/2009 1:14 PM  
Anonymous gwen said...

what a wonderful place! I especially love the cacti.

Feliz año nuevo, Geninne, thank you for all the wonderful art you've shared this year. It brightens my day.

12/29/2009 8:30 PM  
Anonymous carlylennox said...

Wow, those succulents look gorgeous!
I will have to go on holiday to Mexico some day, the colours in all your outdoor photos are so vibrant. At the end of 2009, I just wanted to say thank you for my lovely bird prints, introducing me to Dick Blick and inspiring me to blog. Best wishes, Caroline

12/30/2009 12:23 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

Hi Geninne,

My husband spent a few week in Queretaro for his Spanish immersion class in college (about 10 years ago). He's always promised to take me there. He also spent a day in Bernal. Looks so beautiful.

Happy New Year!!

1/05/2010 8:04 AM  
Blogger APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

amazing places!!!
kiss frm Portugal :)

1/08/2010 1:31 AM  
Blogger liannallama said...

what beautiful photos and such a charming town. Your blog is beautiful!

1/11/2010 11:34 AM  
Blogger Vanek said...

yo vivo en Qro, no puedo creer que ahora vivas acá, hace tiempo que encontré tu blog pero hacía mucho que no lo visitaba y hoy entro y me encuentro con esta sorpresa, además pasé Navidad con mi familia en Bernal! tu blog es inspiración pura, gracias por compartirlo!

2/09/2010 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home