Friday, March 30, 2007

Little penguin for Israel


I used Hillary Lang's
wonderful Wee Bunny pattern, found here.
I just modified it a bit: I used the bunny ears as little wings.
All hand sewn and made with lotsa love for my beautiful son Israel.
They are both happy with their new softies.This week was very productive creatively
so I've decided to spend my weekend
swinging on the hammock and watch my boys play.
I'll be back monday with this week's
Illustration Friday topic: SNAP.

Hope you all have a beautiful weekend!
Thank you so much for all the comments on
the Kitty-a-Day Week :o)

Labels: ,

16 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Carlene said...

The penguin is great! You used the ears for wings...that's so funny. And your blanket stitch around the felt looks perfectly beautiful. My sister loves penguins, I need to send her a link to this.

3/30/2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Love that penguin. I'm sure anina's little boy will want one as well. Have you seen the little owls/penguins on moonstitches blog?

http://moonstitches.typepad.com/moonstitches/

They're very cute as well.

3/30/2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger paola said...

Vaya que tu semana fue productiva!
Merecidísimo tu descanso! Qué lo disfrutes mucho al igual que tus hijos con sus nuevos amigos!

3/30/2007 2:10 PM  
Blogger Dominique said...

The stitching on the scarf is so original. I have to remember the idea next time I have the courage to take my sewing machine out of the closet!

3/30/2007 6:06 PM  
Blogger Frizz said...

How do you get your stitches so perfectly spaced?? It looks like a machine did it...incredible. Relayy nice, I love his chunky size!

3/30/2007 6:27 PM  
Blogger Anina said...

Oh wow, the little penguin looks nothing like the bunny. Very inventive. I think I'm going to have to make my penguin-loving son one.

3/30/2007 8:04 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

What a great idea to modify the bunny pattern into a extremely cute little penguin!

I love Israel's set up. Him sitting with the penguin is too sweet!

3/31/2007 8:09 AM  
Blogger zime said...

Adoré este pingüinito!!!!! es tan prolijito él...
Que tengas un lindo finde!!!

3/31/2007 9:50 AM  
Blogger xt said...

so beautyful this pinguin! and so perfect . congratulations gennine!

3/31/2007 6:30 PM  
Blogger Paige Keiser said...

Oh my gosh! What a beauty! I wish I could sew that well, did you use a machine, or is this by hand?

4/02/2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Geninne said...

Thank you so much for all the comments friends :)
This little guy was made by hand. I only used the machine for the scarf.

4/03/2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger Anina said...

Hi Geninne,

I used your idea to make my son a penguin too. It's not as cute as your, but he loves it! There's a photo on my blog. Thanks so much for being so original!

4/03/2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger v a l e r i a said...

que belleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! quiero uno ya mismo!

4/07/2007 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Alex said...

I am absolutely smitten. This is the cutest thing I've seen in a while. And so nicely done and the colours so fresh... great scarf, too!

4/12/2007 4:04 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

That penguin is just too cute!! It looks difficult to make.

4/13/2007 7:37 AM  
Blogger eugenia gina said...

Ilove your son's name: Israel, it's a wonderful name.. :)

5/26/2007 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home