Sunday, October 01, 2006

More little birdies...

It was my friend Marlen's baby shower this weekend,
she's having twin baby girls so I made her this watercolor
with two little pink and yellow birdies.
I've been inspired
by these talented artists and their winged creations:
Natascha's love bird,
Ann's birdies ,
Lisa's modbirds
and
These beauties by HildaI handcarved a branch stamp
and made some tags to go with the presents.
And made these two little wool and felt birds
to hang on their cribs:

Labels:

12 Lovely Comments:

Blogger Alina Chau said...

beautiful beautiful painting and those little birdy dolls are so cute!! EVerything is so lovely!! GREAT Posting!

10/02/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger wynlen said...

This is beautiful. I can see you have posted several great illustrations and photos since my last visit in your blog (I've been so busy, time just disappears). And I even missed your birthday. Happy birthday!

Anette
www.wynlen.no

10/03/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Majeak Ann said...

estoy super encantada con esto, em fascinan tus "plushies" Geninne.
(amiga, gracias por tus lindas palabras...)
que lindo el detalle del el 'stamp', y cocer en el borde, estoy segura de que les fascinar√° esta pintura. lindo lindo!
un abrazote!!
-Marjorie

10/03/2006 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Monica Andrade said...

Que regalo tan precioso para tu amiga! Tus ilustraciones como siempre, me dejan maravillada, y esos pajaritos son super adorables.
P.S. Se me paso tu cumpleanios...Feliz cumpleanios atrasadisimo! Y tu casa es lindisima, buen gusto en todo. :)

10/03/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger kj said...

geninne, i so much like the final strokes you take in your work: always complete and tender.

:)

10/03/2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger creative kismet said...

Oh Geninne! This gift is precious! THe birds in your painting and the little felt ones are so delightful!

10/04/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

So sweet of you to do this for your friend. Not to mention it is so nice to see something for baby girls other than pink! My cousin's wife is expecting twins next month and there was nothing but pink at the shower! I love all your birdies, especially the stuffed fabric ones for the crib!

10/04/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Roz said...

Love your work and the two little felt birds are absolutely adorable.

10/05/2006 7:18 AM  
Anonymous tiel S-K said...

Your work is fantastic...I am loving birds so much at the moment. I am working on a calendar swap project and I can't stop creating birds.

Love that tag.


All those links I have seen and either placed as favs or liked very much. You must have good taste Gennine!

10/07/2006 3:49 AM  
Blogger lil kim said...

Wow these are so gorgeous Geninne - everything from the painting to the stamp to the felty birds. Your friend is very lucky!!

10/08/2006 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Islandmumma2Seven said...

Yesterday I download 2 pictures from your blog really cute they are, I laminated them to put on my wall, then i felt quilty and thought I should ask for these- I know you would never have known about it and I could just pop them on my wall, but I need your permission..please
Cheers Sonia
spe79027@bigpond.net.au

10/16/2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger shalalla said...

lovely design.

10/29/2006 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home